Thursday 25 September 2008

Hello there

Hi Reader,
I'm going to upload all my writing (poems, raps, prose, rants) on here for people to check out.
I'll keep it updated with new ones as I write them but I've got a few to put up for now, i'm going to start with a couple of shorter ones from my cd line one.
Hope you enjoy, get in touch with any comments or anything.
Thankyou.

Stowaway.

consequence number 1
And meanwhile a dad comes home
from work at the end of the day
at the same ad agency who in part are the cause of his daughters eating disorder
shes one floor up looking at more magazines with women in than the boys in her class do
but shes so shy she feels the need to hide when they pass through the classroom
and unknown to all of them shes up nights
staring at the dark wondering what shes supposed to look like
she spends a lot of time by the full length mirror
contorting her proportions til she looks thinner
earlier that day at a school councillor meeting she lies a few times about accounts of her eating
she drops the copy of glamour when she hears her fathers cheerful greeting
and clamours for the mental make up
to look less sad more beguiling
so she can go down to meet him smiling
The girls too young to know the nature of her dad's work
to more effectively attack teen self esteem and make her problems worse
but his schedules too hectic and they never converse
and dad never looks up from his lifestyle
he sips scotch in a leather chair, its late at night now
and meanwhile, its all rosy in his mind
but the pictures he makes are why his little darlings up there crying with the lights out
right now.
seems sad how the teen dream is a cash cow.


Oh my

Oh for a thick neck and noble features!
to look down amused at weaker creatures
for a rugged jawline, to be a captain of something
anything
oh for a name whose mere mention grants entry through the most exclusive of doors
where inclusion awaits
oh to be amongst the finest of people, the finest of drinks
the mingle with the well fed corpses in waiting
stuffed giddy with each others praise and coughing up glitter
to be amongst the finest of women; framed in peacock tails of imported cigarette smoke
spreading open my character on examination tables with their roving eyes and coy superstitions
to be enveloped in the cigar smoke and backslapping of a self created power network
to stare up the ladder til my neck hurts
and bust my back til the veins in my neck burst
like fireworks over the New York stock exchange
on a good day.


Camo girl

At first your social camoflague caught me off guard
which isn't hard when its you, me, the bar and two beers
and your telling me what I want to hear
keep building the fiction
put that next to fact and it can't come near
you can't blame me for the fact that your not what you claim to be
now I plainly see
you
minus your self-built contextual frames
and what we could have had turns grey and fades like ashes in rain

I came to play spot the difference, all I saw was the same.

No comments: