Friday 26 September 2008

A couple more there

Afternoon (depending on where you are) folk,
heres a couple more

Pebble

I'm a pebble on a riverbed
as water whirs above time tears down my frame in imperceptable ways
I don't shoulder the burden of something to prove
so I can keep this moving with nothing to lose
I carry guilt for thought crimes
this is all mine
you can't ruin it for me by hyping it up and throwing it in my face
feed me things I love til I hate them
give up on me cause i'm shy and you don't have the patience for an acquired taste
sink me deep in amber and i'll shiver til cracks form spelling "I told you so"
the "just one of those days" has gone on for weeks now
give me a break or enough rope
give me options for compromise until I can't pick myself out of a line-up of one
i'm tuned out, nothing on the schedule anyway
my greatest hits tour is me walking home in the rain
muttering this under my breath, a little something for the pain
You better believe me, can't dilute me, better delete me
were all unique, most are real bad at it
live the life
like wearing all the logos and shiny badges will make you more than the sum of your parts
internalise the problem; lungs livers and hearts look better with sparkles
pimp my organs so I can look good at the autopsy
dig me up every month and replace them so I can stay current
I want to dazzle the coroner when he lifts out my ribs to see what did it
like a limited edition stained glass window by pharrel
now we know celebrities well enough to only use first names on a magazine cover
you'll have to give me more of a clue
I was too busy doing a handstand buried up to my shoulders to catch the scraps of gossip
take a photo of a projection of a copy of a hologram of the life of a shell of a woman
scrapbooked and stapled to fable
shes like the sun
put objects near her they get hot and everyone wants one
and everyone wants in, in the biblical sense
drape her frame in cloths and they'll fly out of shops quicker than you can say costume
life is a log flume
you can make a big splash when you hit bottom where the rocks are
they beat people and scissors in three shakes and your gone and forgotten rock star
not far til the end of the road
they build them shorter these days
do you know who you are minus the camera in your face?
gone from grace to ground before they can spell ou "well publicised problems" on a tabloid printing press
and they'll forget
the witty headlines they came up with.


lights up

A stitch in time to keep the weeks together
connected in a film strip; sealed
the scenes play out and it feels played out
the cast of characters becomes narrower
the chasm to carry gets shallower til it cancels itself out
a lit match hits the surface of water, zeros are added together
nothing changes but the projectionist's spool

Lights up
as a rule i've been chasing these pages through overprriced daylight and mazes of finite culture
I drive right but stay in the left lane
no eye contact with the head post-guillotine
don't look twice at your litter
the bitter bit of yourself you left
drop it like the bits of yourself you leave out for effect or respect
still resenting breaking your neck for acceptance
fast forward and see if you still care
nice suit
having the time of your shelf life
we just fell right into a time without a Marty Mcfly standpoint to say hi from
my mind blown between blinks
between lines lie links
you phoned in your dynamic while I levitate to see scale
one peek too many and now i feel dread
as a glimpse of the abyss taints the taste of the daily bread
I said what I meant and meant what I said
two steps forward, one foot in the grave
you only behave concerned, I play ball and then burn when your backs turn
I hold concepts in the same hands empty of answers or weapons
all I've got is more questions
but heres the fun part: theres time left yet for us to get lost in
thats the bottom line drawn when we make things
I made this from flights of fancy and scraps of potentials and i'll think on

I take a leap back and plan before my feet land
if infectiousness is infectious then i've caught that bad
got the manner of a spanner in the works and the writing on the wall
this is a post christian distress call cause none of us know what life is for
beware those that claim to they'll use it to screw you to the floor
look at your TV while its not switched on
where did it come from?
is it just there cause your parents had one?
what does it do for you? does it love you back?
does it enhance your life with simulation or kill time and imagination
it exerts external force to keep you locked, look at that shop
is it really your friend as it tells you?
or is its whole purpose to sell you and make you wish like hell you had enough for those shoes
to be in with a tedious in crowd when you should be proud of whats in your shoes right now
and the billboard which glares at you on the way to work
someone somewhere is making you insecure
and they know how to push buttons on subconcious levels
disguising beauty as health to increase its relevance and neccesity
these people rape your confidence then offer solutions
for a price
like setting you on fire and selling you water
you won't falter to cough up otherwise the glitzy types in the barcardi ad won't want to party with you in their pretend mansion this weekend
so i'm saying:

why let people who have never met us decide that what we find beautiful is something we can't live up to?

why let people who have never met us decide that what we find beutiful is something we can't live up to but we can pay them money and try for the rest of our lives

bottom line is you don't have to buy in to their beautiful lies
cause girls, you look fine without that stuff round your eyes
and I don't know if its my place but I sort of like your real face.

No comments: